There’s nothing as frustrating as having all your ingredients prepped and having your Instant Pot fail out of nowhere. Instant Pot C7 error code can indicate one of three problems: the inner pot doesn’t have enough liquid, the heating element is faulty, or the quick-release switch is at the vent position. Let’s see how you can fix this code so you can get back to cooking as soon as possible.
Here’s how to fix Instant Pot C7 error code:
- Check if there’s enough liquid in the inner pot.
- Check the quick-release valve.
- Check if the heating element is working.
- Check the pot’s inner rubber lining.
- Clean the lid’s inner surface.
- Restart the cooking cycle.
- Reset your Instant Pot to factory settings.
- Contact Instant Pot’s customer service.
Instant Pot error code C7 is common in newer models, but thankfully, it’s also easy to fix. Let’s get started!
- 1. Check If There’s Enough Liquid in the Inner Pot
- 2. Check the Quick-Release Valve
- 3. Check If the Heating Element Is Working
- 4. Check the Pot’s Inner Rubber Ring
- 5. Clean the Lid’s Inner Surface
- 6. Restart the Cooking Cycle
- 7. Reset Your Instant Pot to Factory Settings
- 8. Contact Instant Pot’s Customer Service
1. Check If There’s Enough Liquid in the Inner Pot
Instant Pots are intelligent small appliances and do an excellent job of sensing when the conditions aren’t conducive to optimal cooking. One of the most important elements that your Instant Pot monitors is liquid levels. When it senses that there’s not enough liquid, it will display a C7 error message.
Check that there’s enough liquid before using your Instant Pot’s pressure cooker function. Pressure cooking relies on building steam to create enough pressure in the pot, and not adding enough liquid to your food won’t allow it to cook properly.
You need to add at least 8oz (23.6 ml) of liquid to the inner pot. This liquid can be:
- Any other thin liquid
If you’re cooking food that absorbs liquid easily, you’ll need to add more than 8oz (23.6 ml).
Error C7 may usually be fixed after you’ve added the required amount of liquid.
2. Check the Quick-Release Valve
If you have added enough liquid and your Instant Pot still displays the C7 error code, check the quick-release valve. If your Instant Pot’s quick-release valve is set to the vented position, it won’t be able to pressure cook food correctly.
You can ensure that your quick-release valve is in the sealed position by moving it clockwise as far as it can go.
3. Check If the Heating Element Is Working
Another more serious cause of an Instant Pot displaying error C7 is a fault in the heating element. However, before assuming that the heating element has failed, it’s worth checking if there is a power supply problem with your Instant Pot. To do this, unplug it and use a different power outlet.
If the error is still there, you can confirm that the problem lies with the heating element by selecting the “sauté” function. If the inner pot doesn’t heat up after five minutes, your heating element is faulty.
If you have a valid warranty for your Instant Pot, you can claim against it for a heating element repair or replacement.
Unfortunately, most Instant Pots develop faulty heating elements when they are a few years old and their warranties have expired. In such cases, you could take your Instant Pot to a small appliance repair shop or, if you’re savvy enough, order a new heating element and replace it yourself.
4. Check the Pot’s Inner Rubber Ring
Instant Pot error code C7 occasionally occurs when the inner rubber ring is cracked, broken, or dirty. After you’ve verified that your Instant Pot has enough liquid, the heating element is working, and the quick-release valve is set to “vent,” check the inner rubber ring for damage.
After cleaning it and removing any debris, replace it and check if the error code still appears. If your rubber ring is broken, you should buy a new one, as it’s likely the cause of the error code.
Thankfully, it’s easy and inexpensive to replace an Instant Pot’s inner rubber ring. Instant Pot’s Sealing Rings from Amazon come in a two-pack and are available for Instant Pots with various capacities. The two-pack is helpful because you’ll have a spare one, and sealing rings need to be replaced every few years.
5. Clean the Lid’s Inner Surface
In rare cases, a dirty Instant Pot lid can trigger an error. Instant Pots are surprisingly sensitive appliances, and if yours has a dirty lid, it might display error code 7.
A simple way to fix this is to take out the inner rubber ring and then remove any baked-on food. Clean the lid’s inner surface with some gentle detergent but avoid using an abrasive sponge or cleaner as this could scratch the lid.
6. Restart the Cooking Cycle
Instant Pots have impressive high-tech and advanced software. However, as with all software, it can have the occasional glitch. If you have tried steps one to four, and your Instant Pot is still displaying error C7, stop the cooking cycle, switch your Instant Pot off, and unplug it from the wall.
After waiting a few minutes, power up your Instant Pot and start the cooking cycle again. In some cases, this resolves the C7 error code.
7. Reset Your Instant Pot to Factory Settings
If you are reading this step, you are probably desperate after trying several troubleshooting methods. If there isn’t a problem with any of your Instant Pot’s parts, you might consider resetting it to factory settings.
Unfortunately, resetting it to factory settings will erase any programs you’ve saved, but it might be the only way to resolve error C7. Here’s how to reset your Instant Pot to factory settings, regardless of the model:
- Put your Instant Pot in “Standby” mode. You can do this by plugging in the Instant Pot but keeping it off.
- Locate the “Cancel” button, press it and hold it for about three seconds until you hear a beeping sound.
- The Instant Pot will be restored to factory settings.
8. Contact Instant Pot’s Customer Service
As a last resort, you may need to contact Instant Pot’s customer service.
If your Instant Pot is still under warranty, they will send you a replacement or repair your Instant Pot.
The customer service department can also assist you if your Instant Pot is no longer under warranty by helping you to pinpoint the problem. After correctly diagnosing the problem, they might refer you to their online accessory store to buy a replacement part or advise you to take it to an officially-recognized Instant Pot repair place.
Here’s how to contact Instant Pot’s customer service department:
- From the USA or Canada: Call them at 1-800-828-7280, or email them at [email protected]
- From the UK: Email the team using [email protected], or call them at 0333 1230051.
- From Australia: Call Instant Pot’s customer service team at 1800 251 643 or 02 9317 1000, or send them an email using [email protected]
If your country isn’t listed above, consult the official Instant Pot website in your country, and click on the “contact us” tab.