As a passionate home cook, I am a big fan of juicing.
Not only is it a quick and easy way to get your five-a-day, but it also helps you to save money on expensive pre-made smoothies and juices too.
Here are just a few ways you can make the most of your oranges when juicing.
Can I juice oranges in a juicer?
Yes, absolutely! Cutting your oranges up into segments first is a really good tip when it comes to juicing your oranges in a juicer.
This will help you to get more juice and less pulp.
Do I peel an orange before juicing it?
Although not strictly necessary, I would always advise peeling an orange before juicing it.
By removing all the peel first, you can help to avoid any bitter aftertaste in your orange juice.
Can I juice orange peels?
You can definitely choose to juice the peel if you want to. Most juicers can handle the thick peel of oranges, or you can grate a little peel in for a touch of citrus zing if you prefer.
What to do with oranges after juicing?
My favourite thing to do with oranges after juicing is to eat them! That way, I know I am enjoying them sustainably and getting the most I can from each bite.
You can also use any leftover oranges to infuse your herbal teas for a little something different, or even dry out the peels to use in homemade cleaning products too.
What can I do with orange pulp after juicing?
Orange pulp makes the perfect ingredient to compliment loads of baked goods.
I love making muffins with the addition of the sweet and citrusy leftover orange pulp, or add it to ice cube trays for a refreshing way to cool down cocktails.
You can also have a go at adding it to scrambled eggs too, which tastes absolutely divine, or add it to your homemade broths for extra Vitamin C as well.
Does the pulp from juiced orange have nutrients?
Pulp from orange juice is packed full of fibre, which is excellent for digestion, and also contains important flavonoids too.
Both of these contribute to better digestive health and can even lower your risk of developing some conditions too, such as certain cancers and diabetes.
All in all, I am a huge advocate of always using the pulp from my juiced oranges, not just for its great taste, but the fantastic health benefits too!
What are the best oranges for juicing?
In my opinion, the best oranges for juicing are Valencia oranges, blood oranges and navel oranges.
These three varieties offer a great range of tastes and make rich and sublime juices.
Valencia oranges are really sweet, perfect for breakfast time, whilst blood oranges are darker in colour and have a richer, smoother taste.
Navel oranges are really popular as they are a seedless variety, so you don’t have to worry about pips getting stuck in your juicer.
Navel oranges are also generally larger in size, meaning you get lots of juice per orange, which also helps to make them one of my favourite go-to juicing oranges as well.
Juicing oranges in a juicer is a great way to get a boost of nutrients and fibre, whether first thing in the morning or as a refreshing drink at any time of the day.
Try to use all of the orange, from peel to pulp, in order to make the most of this popular citrus fruit when juicing.
Likewise you can juice celery or juice leafy greens with your juicer.
What’s The Best Orange Juicer To Buy For Home?
Here are 5 of the best orange juicers to buy for use at home…
- Auto-reversing juicing cones provide maximum juice extraction
- Adjustable Pulp Control with Pulp Basket - Pulp collects in the removable basket so you can throw it out or use it in other recipes
- Easy-to-Read Measurement - Markings on the clear juice container makes juicing for recipes easy
- Drip-Free Pour Spout - The container doubles as a pitcher, complete with handle and spout
- Clear-View Juice Container - The durable plastic container is clear so you can easily see the yield of each piece of citrus.
- SIMPLE HEALTHY JUICING: Press and squeeze fresh juice directly from citrus fruits with no additives, extra sugar or preservatives. Retain the natural vitamins, enzymes and nutrients for a refreshing beverage.
- 16-OUNCE SERVING SIZE: The 16oz (2 cup) capacity is perfect for two servings of fresh healthy citrus juice, with a convenient pouring spout and handle built right into the juicing container with a strainer/pulp/seed collector. All detachable parts are dishwasher safe.
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT: A convenient addition for any first apartment, small kitchen, dorm life, or camper/RV traveling; taking up less counter space.
- SIMPLE TO USE: The auto-reversing, electric reamer makes juicing quick and easy. Simply push down to juice, and release pressure to stop!
- COMPLIES WITH ETL + FDA, NO BPA: The electric citrus juicer uses environmentally friendly materials, complying with the FDA and no BPA plastic.
- POWERFUL JUICING TECHNOLOGY - Eurolux ELCJ-1600 Electric Citrus Juicer uses a new and improved motor gear that offers a quiet yet powerful juice extraction at only 120 Watts. It provides the same exact power as with 160W juicers but is made more energy-efficient and expected to last longer.
- AUTOMATIC ONE-TOUCH OPERATION - Our Orange Juice Machine features a soft grip rubber handle press that only requires a minimal amount of pressure to start the automatic juicing process. Simply press the handle down to start, and release pressure to stop. It also features an auto-on/off function.
- PURE AND HEALTHY JUICE ALL THE TIME - With its integrated filter, you will enjoy a seedless, fresh orange juice or lemonade all the time – hassle-free! The filter effectively captures pits and other unwanted residues. Thus, it gives you twice as much pure and healthy juice.
- FITS MOST FRUIT SHAPES AND SIZES - Our Electric Citrus Juicer doesn’t require you to change the cone lid for a specific fruit. The one-size-fits-all juicing cone is smartly designed to ensure matchless versatility. Plus, it secures the fruit in place and helps avoid messy squeezing.
- STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION - This Electric Juicer for Oranges and Lemons boasts premium build and construction that offers both quality and aesthetics – perfect for any kitchen style. Its compact design will look great on your counter with its modern and updated finishing.
- SIMPLE IS BEST, ORIGIN IS BEST Press and communicate with the orange ,your juice is much more tasty!The electric orange juicer extract juice by electric squeezer with slow speed, which don't heat up the juice and preserve 100% of the vitamins, enzymes and other nutrients. It provide the pure taste of the orange.
- UNIQUE DESIGN More powerful motor,professionally designed gear and large stable base make less noise and no swagging while using our orange juicer.We specially added stainless steel exterior trim and a clear indicator led light in the shape of the product.
- LARGE CAPACITY CUP A large 1.2L(Almost 41oz) transparent jug with measure markings on which meets the needs of large families and parties .Also the electric juicer comes complete with protective cover keeping dust out.
- EASE OF USE &CLEANING The structure is particularly simple,just several parts which are detachable for easy operating and cleaning(Dishwasher safe parts).You can use different cones to extract juice ,cause there are two cones included(one big,one small) suitable for lemon,oranges grapefruit and other citrus fruits.
- COMPLY WITH FDA, NO BPA The Juicer Machine use environmental materials, comply with FDA,No BPA.Ensuring more healthy and safety.100% money back guarantee,no-risk purchase. The orange juice maker provide a 12-months guarantee to supply wearing parts and make sure good performance.
- MAKE FRESH, HEALTHY JUICE & MORE: Make fresh juice using oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits, and other citrus. This versatile electric juicer can also be used for making salad dressings and marinades. Works great as an orange juicer and lemon juicer.
- JUICE SMALL TO LARGE CITRUS FRUITS : The electric citrus juicer includes 2 nesting reamers for small to large citrus fruit. Juice everything from tiny Key limes to grapefruit. The juicer automatically reverses when needed for maximum juice extraction.
- SERVE A CROWD FROM THE LARGE 34 OZ. PITCHER: The take-to-table juicer pitcher holds 34 oz. of juice and has easy-to read measurement markings to make following juice recipes easy. The pitcher collects the juice, then detaches for serving at the table.
- EASILY CONTROL PULP LEVEL: Simply slide the pulp control dial left to right to adjust the amount of pulp in your juice. Pulp collects in the strainer to easily discard.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND NEATLY STORE: Dishwasher safe parts, including the pitcher, lid, reamers and pulp control basket, make cleanup a cinch. Nested storage keeps kitchen cabinets orderly.