Having a good ice maker is crucial for any home bar setup. Ice is involved in so many iconic cocktails, and you need to have a dependable and high-producing ice-maker. You’ll never have to deal with missing ice again!
The best ice maker for a home bar is the AGLUCKY Countertop Ice Maker Machine. It can produce large amounts of ice, and offers ice cubes in both small and large sizes. It also has a sleek and modern design, so it looks great in any kitchen and home bar setting.
To learn more about the best ice makers for a home bar and what to look for when purchasing one for your setup, keep reading.
Factors To Consider
There are two primary factors to consider when purchasing an ice maker for your home bar:
- Production capacity
All ice makers come in various sizes and have different production capacities. Some smaller units may fit conveniently in the corner, but not have the capacity to produce and store large amounts of ice. Alternatively, some larger units can produce more ice but can take up more countertop space.
You’ll need to consider how much space you have available for your home bar setup, and how much ice you want when using your home bar.
Here’s a look at some of the best ice makers for home bars, based on their size and production capacity. All recommendations are found on Amazon.com:
Best Overall: AGLUCKY Countertop Ice Maker Machine
This powerful little machine is one of the best-rated countertop ice makers on Amazon, with 4.5 stars and over 9000 reviews. Wow!
It’s no surprise that this is my top pick, and there are so many great features with this device that make it the #1 Amazon bestselling countertop ice maker. It is a superb, affordable option for a home bar that can produce 26 lbs (11.79 kg) of ice in one day.
The AGLUCKY ice maker can make two types of ice cubes (small and large). Both styles come in a simple bullet shape. These cubes are cup-shaped with a hollow center, one open end, and a rounded top like a bullet.
- The shape is a perfect general-use ice cube. In mixed drinks, these ice cubes cool evenly because there is more surface area that can touch the alcohol, and they typically aren’t too large to be used in blended beverages. They also don’t melt too quickly and won’t water down your drinks.
- It comes in three colors: silver, black, and red. You have the option to pick which color suits your style best!
- It has a simple display, so anyone can learn how to use it. The display lights for when ice is done and the low water level are life-savers, so you can keep your device working consistently.
- It provides great value for your money. It’s one of the best deals for your buck on Amazon. Some ice makers can cost hundreds of dollars, but this one is much more affordable. You can’t beat the price for what you’re getting.
- Some reviews have reported mold. This can be solved by making sure the ice maker fully dries out and doesn’t have standing water sitting in it.
- It doesn’t keep the ice cold. Make sure to promptly remove ice from the maker so that it doesn’t melt on you. This ice maker isn’t insulated.
Easiest To Use: Euhomy Ice Maker Machine Countertop
This is my second pick with a 4.5-star rating out of over 7000 reviews. It is the second-best rated countertop ice maker on Amazon, and for a good reason too.
It can also make over 26 lbs (11.79 kg) of ice in one day, making it perfect for home bars and parties.
- The conveniently removable basket makes sure you can keep the party going anywhere. All you have to do is lift and easily remove all the ice.
- The front-facing control panel is easy to control. The simple design is easy to understand and will keep you happy, and make as much ice as you need.
- It’s an older model. If you want an updated version of this same classic version, you can check the Euhomy Ice Maker Countertop too.
- There are limited color options. It comes in silver and red, while the older version only comes in silver with black accents.
Most Compact: CROWNFUL Ice Maker Countertop Machine
The CROWNFUL Ice Maker is another highly ranked ice maker on this list. It has 4.6 stars out of five and from over 3,500 reviewers.
This ice maker has a square shape and can fit easily into spaces while being flush to straight edges.
- It is a smaller ice maker. This is great if you are trying to fit an ice maker in a smaller space.
- It also has two main ice sizes. Another perk of using the bullet shape is that this shape doesn’t have sharp edges and won’t hurt someone.
- It has a square shape. Its unique shape also means that this ice maker looks like a much more expensive model than it is. It also fits into certain spots easier.
- You only have to hit one button, and then the maker starts working. The display is super easy to understand.
- It is a small ice maker. This may be a drawback for some who are looking for a higher capacity.
- You can’t store ice in this maker as well. Ice makers work by super freezing water and then preparing the ice. They aren’t designed to be insulated for long periods, so you need to plan for that.
The Dreamiracle Ice Maker is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars with over 1,200 reviews. It’s another one of the best-reviewed on this list for a reason.
- This beast of an ice maker can make upwards of 33 lbs (14.96 kg) of ice every day. That’s a lot of ice! It has one of the highest capacities on this list, making it my fourth top pick.
- It has several modes, including a self-cleaning mode that will cycle water through.
- They also have a return policy for over a year. That means if any issues crop up in the first year, you can return the ice maker.
- There is also noise suppression technology so that it won’t hurt your ears either. It will only have a quiet hum like your regular freezer and maybe even softer depending on where you put it.
- There have been some issues reported with a plastic taste in the water. However, you can use baking soda and warm water to remove the taste and keep using this great device.
Just let the baking soda water sit overnight and then cycle through the system. Drain off the baking soda, rinse a few more times, and you should have clean water. The plastic taste should be gone, and you can enjoy clean, plain water in your ice maker!
Most Eco-Friendly: HYD-Parts Ice Maker Machine
The HYD-Parts Ice Maker is an excellent addition to any kitchen and has a 4.8 out of 5-star rating on Amazon. There are fewer reviews on this one than the others on this list, but it is still well-reviewed and works well.
- It has an automatic support system that alerts you when the machine will overflow and stop ice production. This means that you’ll never have to worry about having too much ice all at once!
- On top of these other great features, this ice maker is eco-friendly. It uses different types of power efficiency to save power.
- It comes in two colors: black and silver. You can make your ice maker match other appliances in your bar or kitchen.
- This ice maker has a rounder shape. That can make it difficult to fit into certain spaces and it needs more room.
- Some users have reported display errors. These are less common, but there are support websites that can help with this.
Most Efficient: COOLLIFE Compact Countertop Ice Maker
With a 4.6 star rating, the COOLLIFE compact countertop ice maker is a great device. Over 300 reviewers agree that this is a great little ice maker that looks so much better in person.
- This ice maker recycles any ice that melts and puts it back into the main water supply tank. This means that there is little to no waste and saves water.
- It comes in copper. This is easy to keep clean and stands out.
- There is a year warranty and a 30-day return policy. You can test out the ice maker, see if it is working, and get repairs on it before the warranty expires.
- The most commonly reported issue is the noise level. However, it is also quieter than many other units on the market. This noise means that the COOLLIFE ice maker is better for use outside rather than inside, so it’s perfect for poolside bars or open-air spaces.
Easiest To Transport: Frigidaire EFIC-B-SS Ice Maker
Over 300 reviewers rated this ice maker an average of 4.6 out of 5 stars. This ice maker from the iconic brand Frigidaire has the same high appliance standards and is a long-lasting device. Anyone can figure out how to use it and make plenty of ice in no time.
- It has a sleek, stainless steel surface. It’s sure to match any other Frigidaire appliances you have and go with different sets of stainless steel appliances. It brings the room together.
- It also has an automatic defrost feature so you can safely transport it without getting water everywhere. This feature makes it so easy to store and clean for future use.
- Something important to note from the reviews is that you need to let the coolant settle for a couple of days. The best way to do this is to let the ice maker sit on your countertop for at least two days.
Quickest Production Time: FEANOR Compact Countertop Ice Maker
The FEANOR compact countertop ice maker is small, powerful, and will be a great addition to any home. While it is ranked lower on this list, it is a sturdy device and will compliment your home bar.
- It is larger than many other options on this list, but it is a great device that can do just as efficiently work as the others. This larger size means that it can handle more volume and has more internal space.
- It can make ice in as little as six minutes. This means you can still be making a cocktail when the ice is done, and it is the freshest ice possible.
- It comes in three colors, including retro mint blue, so you can pick a color that fits your aesthetic.
- This ice maker is self-cleaning. All you have to do is hold down the On/Off button for five seconds, and the system flushes clean water through, or you can add a descaling agent to the mix.
- Some users have reported that it gets louder over time. Make sure to blow out the fan and keep it out of very dusty areas to keep the noise level down.
Best for Smart Homes: GE Profile Opal
The GE Profile Opal is one of the best-rated on Amazon! It has a 4.5-star rating out of over 13,000 reviews, and multiple home ice maker review lists rank it as the top pick. It comes with a protection plan and all kinds of other unique features that set it apart.
- This ice maker is smart home compatible. That means that you can control it from your phone and monitor its progress. It is Bluetooth connective and works off an app so that you can manage your maker from anywhere.
- It also doesn’t make bullet ice. The GE Profile Opal creates rougher ice that is closer to crushed ice than cubed. These are even easier to use and push around.
- This device also comes with a protection plan. If something happens to the maker and you need to get parts replaced, you can get them quickly.
- At over $500, this maker is one of the most expensive home ice makers out there. If you add in the price of the filters and other accessories you need, this can get pretty pricey in the long run.
- It is cheaper when you buy without the additional water tank, but this means you have to fill it up more regularly. This kind of hassle defeats the purpose of using such a machine, so you’re better to buy it with the tank on the side.
Overall, the GE Profile Opal is a great ice maker, but you need to consider what your budget will allow and what capacity you need.
Why Get an Ice Maker?
If all these great models above didn’t sell you on getting an ice maker, let’s shed some light on why you should get an ice maker for your home bar.
You should get an ice maker because they’re entertaining and enable you to have constant access to ice. They’re also easy to use and can save you time.
Each of these is an excellent justification for getting an ice maker, so let’s break them down.
If You’re a Frequent Entertainer
If you entertain frequently, you should look into getting a home ice maker. This saves time, freezer space and makes sure your guests have the freshest ice possible. You can have ice ready to go in minutes and then have it into your guests’ cups.
If You Need Ice in Inconvenient Spots
If you go to places without full refrigerators with a freezer, you may need an ice maker to keep your drinks and food cold. This could be the office, poolside, on a boat, camping, or even in your home bar!
This is great because you don’t need a full fridge with your home bar set up and only need to keep an ice maker and smaller fridge set up this way. This will save you money down the road and give you a smaller, more portable setup.
If You Want To Save Money and Time
You also save time and money this way. Buying ice for events is expensive, but you can add water from your home tap and call it a day if you have an ice maker.
You can also save time. You don’t need to run out to the grocery store or keep running up and downstairs to get more ice from the other freezer. You can make the ice right in front of you! This keeps the party going and doesn’t interrupt the flow of drinks.
If these things bug you about needing ice, you should invest in a good ice maker. The payback over time can’t be understated, and it will make your life so much easier!
Once you start using an ice maker, you’ll never go back. The high quality and clear ice will make all your drinks stand out and give you the edge with entertaining. They will take your cocktail game to the next level and make it even easier.