The watermelon cucumber mint slushie is a refreshing beverage with significant health benefits. It is a simple drink suitable for all people, especially children because it aids in healthy development.
As a mom, I figured that not all drinks bought from supermarkets and convenience stores are healthy.
Sometimes it is essential to have a homemade beverage with actual health benefits.
Making it at home is also fun because you can spend some quality time with the kids. In addition, if you are making it for adults, you can add a shot or two!
Let us get right into today’s business:
Equipment needed for Watermelon Cucumber Mint Slushie
- Blender – this will be used to mix up all the ingredients
- Measuring cup/bowl
- Fine meshed sieve
- Ice cube trays
- Glass to serve
Ingredients needed for Watermelon Cucumber Mint Slushie
- ¾ cups of frozen and chopped watermelon
- One cup of chopped cucumber. Ensure it is seedless and peeled to go into the blender quickly.
- Lime juice- this can be from half of the lime.
- ½ tablespoon of chopped mint. Ensure that it is finely chopped.
- One tablespoon of honey.
Directions for making Wtermelon Cucumber Mint Slushie
- Before you begin, ensure that the watermelon is frozen because the slushie is best served chilled. Then, add the frozen cucumber, honey, lime juice, mint, and honey.
It would be best if you blend until the resulting mixture is smooth.
- After blending, take the measuring cup or bowl and place the sieve at the mouth. Pour in the mixture from the blender into the bowl or measuring cup. This will ensure that there is no pulp in the drink.
- After this process, your taste buds must be yearning for a taste of the drink. However, it is not yet time. You may now pour the beverage into ice cube trays and place it in the freezer for three hours or until it turns solid.
- After the ice cubes form, dump the watermelon cucumber ice cubes in the blender and proceed to blend for approximately two minutes.
- You may now serve in a glass and enjoy with friends and family.
Tips for Preparing Watermelon Cucumber Mint Slushies Recipe
When going to the grocery store to buy watermelon, my advice would be that you should buy it according to its weight. You may pick it up.
If you find that it produces a hollow sound when you tap it, that is what you should carry home.
Moreover, try as much as possible not to buy a watermelon that has many seeds. The seeds will only disturb you when preparing the drink and will only slow down the process.
As an expert tip, if you are that much thirsty that you cannot wait for the drink to freeze, after blending it, instead of pouring it into the ice trays, use ice cubes. This will have a similar effect.
After reading this post, I am confident that you can now make a tasty watermelon cucumber mint slushie. Thank you for reading my post.
You may now enjoy the drink with friends and family.