I absolutely LOVE this Strawberry Granola Overnight Oats Recipe. It’s so super quick and easy to make.
I came up with it during a time when I was trying to think of exciting breakfasts for our family – with our then-toddler – who adores all fruit, but especially strawberries!
It’s still a go-to favorite breakfast now – especially as I know I can make it ahead the night before when I have a busy day coming up.
It’s also great to make in batch – just times the recipe quantity by the number of people you are catering for.
To make it even better – there is an endless amount of variation to the recipe – just add whatever topping takes your fancy on that morning and you can have a
whole new breakfast experience every day!
Take a look below and enjoy experimenting!
Equipment Needed for Strawberry Granola Overnight Oats Recipe
- Mixing bowl – I find glass ones much better as they tend not to hold that horrid ‘plastic smell’ that others do
- Wooden spoon/ mixing spoon
- Mason jar – or other suitable airtight container
Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Granola Overnight Oats Recipe
Serves one (to cater for more – just times the quantity below by the number of people that you are feeding. So for 4 people, you will need 2 cups of old-fashioned jumbo oats, etc.)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned jumbo rolled oats
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk – oat milk or almond milk tend to be my favourites
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds – adds extra thickness and a bonus portion of healthy fats and fibre
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries – fresh, not frozen
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yoghurt – this tends to be thicker than natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crunchy granola – for the topping
- Optional toppings: extra strawberries, chia seeds, almond or other nut butter
Strawberry Granola Overnight Oats Recipe
- In your glass mixing bowl, combine the jumbo oats and non-dairy milk.
- Add the chia seeds, strawberries and yoghurt and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the honey (or maple syrup) and vanilla extract.
- Once mixed, pour into Mason jar (or container of choice) and place in fridge overnight (or for a minimum of 4 hours)
- When ready to eat, top with granola and any additional toppings that you fancy that day!
How to cook Strawberry Granola Overnight Oats Recipe
That’s it, it really is as simple as that-perfect food preparation for those busy mornings!
Thanks for reading, and more importantly, enjoy experimenting with this recipe-with the different toppings to mix it up, you’ll be sure to make it again and again!