Before we get to the recipes I should be honest and say that I've drank Paloma Mimosas several times without really thinking what ingredients they contained or where the name "Paloma" comes from.
So I decided it was about time I found out and maybe you're interested to know the origins too...
So, a "Paloma" is a tequila based cocktail from Mexico and is the Spanish word for "Dove" though there's no real insight into why the cocktail is called a "Paloma" or it's origins strangely.
It becomes a "Paloma Mimosa" when you add fresh grapefruit (or grapefruit soda), juice from freshly chopped limes and champagne and is a fizzy, sweet, and sour drink perfect for summer nights.
I probably don't have to convince you to try them seeing as you are here but if you're still on the fence whether you'd enjoy this cocktail or not then here's how to decide...
If you like Champagne then give it a try and likewise even if you don't but you enjoy Margaritas (also a tequila based cocktail) then give a Paloma a try too!
And if you enjoy cocktails that are both sweet but sour then this is the drink for you...
Here Are 2 Of The Best Paloma Mimosa Recipes Online...
In my opinion these recipes below are 3 of the best Paloma Mimosa recipes available online and re-creating any of these will give you an enjoyable cocktail perfect for a warm summers night or even in winter when you need a little cheering up.
Jeanine and Jack @ Love And Lemons Recipe For Paloma Mimosas
Jackie and Jeanine love this cocktail because it brings back memories of when they lived in Austin and they'd order Paloma cocktails on summer afternoons at Hula Hut looking over Lake Austin and enjoy time with friends.
They decided to re-live this memory and finally recreated this drink at home and thankfully have shared it with the world.
- Prep & Serve Time: 5 Minutes.
- Serves: 1
- Ingredients: 6
- Main Ingredients: Champagne & Tequila
See the full recipe for this delicious cocktail here.
Alyssas @ My Sequined Life Recipe For Champagne Mimosas
Alyssa makes this drink for New Years Eve as Tequila is her favourite spirit and she suggest trying Champagne and Tequila mixed together for the first time in this cocktail if you've never tried it before (I was sold instantly!).
Even if you're not sold initially on the combo of Tequila and Champagne then you will be by the beautiful photos of them.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes.
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 180kcal
- Ingredients: 4
You can see the full recipe for this stunning cocktail here.
Paloma Mimosas Make You Happy
I would never have thought to mix Tequila and Champagne together in a cocktail, as it seems like mixing the rough with the classy.
However, just looking at the picture of these Paloma Mimosa cocktails is enough to convince me (and surely anyone else) that this will be a delicious combination.
And I genuinely think these are two of the best recipes available online to follow so get stuck in and let me know what you think.
- 【Professional Bar Display Tool】: The 12 pieces cocktail shaker set have enough basic accessories to eliminate the need to purchase other unnecessary bar tool accessories. Whether at home, at the bar or at the party, it allows you to become a professional bartender and mix delicious cocktails with ease.
- 【Easy to Store - Stylish Bamboo Stand】: The unique semicircular bamboo stand makes the bar table very neat and beautiful. The drawers and cabinets in the kitchen are no longer chaotic. The accessories are made of the high quality stainless steel alloy. The surface is finely polished to prevent rust and easy cleaning. All accessories can be washed in the dishwasher to make life easier and faster.
- 【12 Piece Complete Cocktail Kit】: The cocktail shaker set is the best tool for bartenders to make a wide variety of party cocktail or bar mixed drink. Include 25 oz Cocktail Shaker, 15/30ml Double Jigger, Strainer, Ice Tongs, Muddler, Spoon, Liquor Pourers*2, Bottle Stopper*2, Wine Opener, Bamboo Stand, Cocktail Recipes Booklet.
- 【Premium Bartender Kit】: You can create mixing drinks that made from a wide variety of liquors with this professional stainless steel cocktail shaker, including Frozen Blue Margarita, Margarita, Tequila Sunrise, Pink Lady, Singapore Sling, Mojito,Martini, Whiskey, Scotch, Vodka, Gin, Rum, Sake and more. You can use it for mixing any kind of drinks you want.
- 【Best Gift Choice】: The cocktail shaker kit has smooth mirror effect and unique bamboo stand design, is the best choice of people who like to mix drinks. It's best gift choice for festivals or business. If you have any questions during the purchase process, please feel free to contact us.
- The Most Comprehensive Mixology Bartender Kit - Your new AO cocktail bar set includes an 18 oz/28oz stainless-steel shaker double jigger, julep strainer, mesh conical strainer, muddler/ ice crusher, ice tongs, mixing spoon, Hawthorne strainer corkscrew 2 liquor pourers and recipe cards with twists on classic cocktails. We've also included a premium wood stand to show off your stylish cocktail shaker set bartender kit as house decor. All you need is some margarita glasses and you're ready to go!
- Cocktail Bar Tools Set - The Aberdeen Oak bar set cocktail shaker set is full of new house essentials and apartment must haves. The versatility of your cocktail set means that you have every professional tool you need to create your favorite drink. The AO bar sets for the home makes a wonderful house warming presents for new home owners or works well for mens birthday gift ideas. This is the ultimate cocktail kit for anyone who has a home tiki bar, an outdoor bar cart, or just likes to imbibe.
- Craftsmanship At Its Finest - At Aberdeen Oak we've taken the time and done the testing to create a beautiful, professional bartender set. Your shaker bottle has weighted caps and is thicker, providing you with superior strength & ease of use. Plus, most of the tools in your bar kit are dishwasher safe, scratch-proof and made of durable stainless-steel.
- Perfect Every Time - Unlike other bar mixer sets, our one-of-a-kind double jigger comes with multiple inner measurements for precise measuring (1/2oz, 3/4oz, 1oz, 1.5oz, 2oz). In addition to the Hawthorn strainer, we've also added a Julep and conical strainer, making it easier than ever to try all different kinds of cocktails. So, get creative, sip, and relax.
- Worry-Free Purchase - At Aberdeen Oak we stand behind our products by offering an unconditional satisfaction guarantee and lifetime warranty. If you are not 100% satisfied, please contact us immediately and we will do whatever it takes to make your Aberdeen Oak experience a good one.
- Bar Accessories: This bartending set covers all the basic tools to whip up cocktails for home or professional bartending. It's a valuable addition to any bar and makes mixing your drinks as easy as 1-2-3!
- Full Set: The 11-Piece bar tool set includes - a 24 oz martini shaker, a spiral spoon, jigger, corkscrew, muddler, ice tongs, liquor pourer, and more. No behind-the-bar experience required!
- Durable: Made of stainless steel, the cocktail set is highly durable with real aesthetic appeal. Rest assured, the cocktail kit won’t easily get scratched or bent, for long-lasting use.
- Easy Clean: The cocktail mixer is dishwasher safe; just toss it in and it will come out squeaky clean. Check out our recipe cards to try margaritas and mojitos in no time!
- House-Warming Gift: Packaged in a chic, rustic wooden crate, our bartending kit is a joy to unbox and makes the perfect addition to anyone's home bar accessories.
- Bartender Tools Kit: Professional Boston Cocktail Shaker Set includes stainless steel Boston sharker that can hold up to three drinks with a built in strainer lid, cocktail muddler and mixing spoon, a double size 1 / 0.5 oz measurement jigger tool, lemon squeeze, ice tongs, picks, strainer, corkscrew, bamboo stand and packing bags, liquor pour spouts with dust cap covers and a guide to cocktails and mocktails Recipes.
- BEST QUALITY: Craft a fine cocktail in the comfort of your own home or bar. This Martini shaker kit not only looks fashionable and desirable but has been professionally designed to last a lifetime! PARTS built out of dishwasher safe high-quality 18/8 Stainless Steel, that is guaranteed not to rust, leak or to loses quality properties in time.
- VERSATILE: You can create drinks that made from a wide variety of liquors with this professional Cocktail/Martini shaker stainless steel model, including: Mojito,Martini, Margaritas, Whiskey, Scotch, Vodka, Tequila, Gin, Rum, Sake and more. You can use it for mixing any kind of drinks you want. That’s why this cocktail shaker is the ultimate bartender tool.
- BEAUTIFULLY ELEGANT GIFT PACKAGING MAKES THIS THE PERFECT HOLIDAY GIFT: with the elegant packaging, this cocktail shaker set is a perfect gift for cocktail lovers.
- NO-RISK PURCHASE: If you have any issue with our products, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will try our best to find a satisfactory solution for you within 24 hours.
- 【Bartender Kit】Professional cocktail shaker set includes bamboo stand, drink shaker with a lid and filter that’ll keep chunks and ice contained, a double size 1 / 0.5 oz measuring jigger, 10 inch cocktail muddler and mixing spoon, 2 liquor pours, corkscrew, cocktail recipes.
- 【Premium Quality】Entire bar set is crafted of 18/8 grade stainless steel with surface polishing that guarantee bar tools are leak-proof anti-rust and dishwasher safe.
- 【Easy to Store】Elegant bamboo stand is designed to keep your Mixology Bartender Kit organized and accessible easily at all times. When there are guests, you'll be proud to display the cocktail kit.
- 【Great for Home or Party】Shakers Bartending comes with classic recipes giving a plenty of inspiration to get started, whether you have ever made a cocktail or not! It's a good choice to entertain your guest and friend at home or party. It raises the atmosphere up.
- 【Ideal Gift for Cocktail Lovers】With the elegant packaging, this bar set is an Ideal gift for cocktail lovers for wedding, birthday, housewarming, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine or business. This bartending kit is recommended for beginner, experienced bartender, your lover, your family, your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions About Paloma Cocktails
Why is the drink called a Paloma?
It's the Spanish word for "Dove" though nobody knows why this tequila based cocktail become known as the "Paloma"
Is a Paloma a common drink?
It's very popular in Mexico by mixing tequila, fresh lime juice, grapefruit or grapefruit flavoured soda, poured over ice.
What are the best juices for Mimosas?
Any citrus based juice works for a Mimosa but Orange juice works particularly well.
What alcohol is good for mimosas?
Tequila or Mescal for the base them use Champagne to top up (or Prosecco or Cava for a more budget friendly option)
What is the difference between a Paloma and Margarita?
It's similar to a Margarita but a Paloma uses Grapefruit soda instead which changes the flavour considerably plus you add champagne in to turn it into a Paloma Mimosa.