Who doesn’t love sweet banana bread with an even delicious surprise inside – Nutella! The famous Nutella Banana Bread is cooked in many households including mine.
It has a perfect balance of moisture that gives it a delicious taste of bananas. Lots of people actually love this spread especially when it’s swirled throughout.
You can serve the bread as a special breakfast delicacy, a snack, or as dessert. I was raised by my grandmother and she loved baking Nutella banana bread and that’s where I learned the skill.
I have also passed down the recipe to my kids and we always enjoy baking the bread especially during weekends.
In this article, I will guide you on how you can bake the best Nutella banana bread in a few hours.
Equipment Needed for Nutella Swirl Banana Bread
To start the baking process you’ll need to have the following equipment in place:
- A large mixing bowl
- An electric or hand mixer
- A blender
- A loaf pan
- A sieve
- A spoon
Ingredients Needed for Nutella Swirl Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour (bread flour is best)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 overripe bananas – mashed (if they are not ripe add some honey)
- ½ cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda (mixed with sour cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Buttermilk (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup Nutella (or any other hazelnut spread)
Nutella Swirl Banana Bread Recipe
To prepare and bake a soft and delicious Nutella banana bread follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Butter the loaf pan (it can be of any size). Pour some sugar into the pan’s bottom, tap the sugar around so that it can create an even layer and remove any excess sugar
- In your bowl whisk the bread flour, baking soda and salt to taste. Place the mixture aside for later use
- Blend the bananas, eggs, and buttermilk until they form a smooth mixture and set it aside
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until they become light and fluffy
- Take half of the banana mixture, half the flour mixture and add them into the butter mixture. Mix them using a hand mixer until they become smooth. Repeat the same process with the remaining flour and banana mixtures. Pour the mixture into a prepared pan
- Sprinkle or place spoonfuls of Nutella on top of the butter. You can use a spoon or knife to poke the nutella and create swirls on top of the butter
- Bake the mixture in your preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes or you can perform the toothpick test
- Let the bread cool off completely before you remove it from the loaf pan
- You can cut it into slices and serve it as preferred
How To Make Nutella Swirl Banana Bread
So basically, that covers how you make Nutella swirl banana bread. By following the recipe explained above you will bake a piece of delicious and moist banana bread with thick swirls of Nutella.
Such a special treat and I hope you’ll be able to make one for you or your family and friends.
Thank you for reading this post and hopefully, it’ll be helpful to you. Go bake and enjoy your Nutella swirl banana bread!