Having spent roughly twenty years in the kitchen, I’ve come to regard certain kitchen tools as essential, one of these is my Instant Pot.
I use it for everything from a slow cooker, to a rice cooker and a yogurt maker, among other things.
In answer to the question of how long it takes for an Instant Pot to preheat, the correct answer is that this depends on the size of the pot and the quantity of food to be cooked.
Yet in general, 15 to 20 minutes is the normal amount of time it takes to preheat an Instant Pot.
Remember, this is just the warm up time and doesn’t include any cooking time.
Keeping Your Instant Pot In Good Condition
Your Instant Pot will come through for you on time after time.
But it’s important to treat it with respect and make sure you don’t make the silly mistakes that many people make.
Let’s take a look at them one by one.
- Failing to check the silicone sealing ring: Let me put it this way: if there’s no sealing ring, there’s no Instant Pot. Your meal will not cook properly and the cooker may boil over, creating more work for you. Check that sealing ring.
- Putting the Instant Pot on the stovetop:Seriously, don’t even think about doing this. Because your Instant Pot is an appliance for the countertop, not the stovetop. Just saying.
- Not Following Instructions Properly: Each recipe is unique. You need to ensure that you’re following each of the instructions correctly so that you can be assured that you’ll get perfect results. Pay particular attention to the correct cooking time and the correct venting method to make sure your recipes are perfect every time.
- Adding too much water: You need to be meticulous about the amount of water you add to your Instant Pot dishes. Otherwise, instead of a delicious meal, you’ll end up with a soggy mess. So keep it in mind.
- Using the appliance without checking the manual first: No two pressure cookers work in quite the same way, whether or not it’s Instant Pot. Come to think of it, no two Instant Pots work in exactly the same way either. So study that manual before using a new Instant Pot and keep it handy for reference later.
Instant Pot is my kitchen companion
As mentioned, I’ve worked in my kitchen for the best part of twenty years.
I’ve tried every kitchen appliance you could name.
I’ve yet to find an appliance as versatile and reliable as the Instant Pot. It helps me serve up tasty dishes in double-quick time and has so many uses.
I don’t know what I’d do without it.
The golden rule is, look after your Instant Pot and your Instant Pot will look after you. That’s my experience.
Hi all! I’m Cora Benson, and I’ve been blogging about food, recipes and things that happen in my kitchen since 2019.