I absolutely adore fresh fruit and berries particularly home grown homes from the garden, typically I have strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blackberry's, blackcurrants and gooseberry most seasons.
I especially enjoy cooking with them, using them in baking, and adding them to food as well as juicing them for fruit juice and drinks.
14 Ways To Use Fresh Fruit And Berries In Recipes
These are some of my favourite recipes for fresh fruits and berries...
1. Strawberry & Ginger Ice Cream Floats
Strawberry and ginger might not seem like the obvious mix but trust me it works really well especially when paired with vanilla ice cream.
2. Strawberry Granola With Overnight Oats
This is a delicious breakfast and super healthy too as it's packed with vitamins and fibre plus always keeps me full until lunchtime.
3. Spiked Strawberry Basil Limeade
Never made your own soft drinks before? Now is a good time to start as it will blow your mind how tasty they are compared to the store bought versions.
Just squeeze fresh limes over ice, add some fresh basil, then throw in some chopped strawberries, if it's too sour for you then add some fizzy water to take the edge off.
No fancy equipment, chef knives, or gadgets required.
4. Roasted Berry Yoghurt Popsicles
These are perfect for summer days or even as a dessert after an evening meal.
You'll need ice lolly moulds or a suitable tray for freezing and all you do is roast your berries in the oven then inject your popsicle makers with fresh yoghurt and freeze with lollipop sticks hanging out the end.
Any berries work and a mix is best, I enjoy strawberries, blueberries, and cherry's as a combo personally as with fresh greek yoghurt they are divinely sweet.
These will look absolutely beautiful too because of their vibrant colours.
Try adding vanilla beans to cherry to create a Vanilla bean and sour cherry pop version, incredible!
5. Caramelized Peaches & Coconut Whipped Cream Crumble
Have you ever tried a caramelized peach crumble before? If not, it's heavenly.
Add in coconut whipped cream and you're onto a winner!
The caramelized peaches just add a hint of sugary sweetness to the dish which compliments the rich crumble and it's set off nicely by the coconut cream.
If you have leftovers wrap it in foil and put in the fridge (max 2 to to 3 days but always use your own judgement) or freeze it.
- 2 non-stick silicone baking mats for easy and convenient baking, roasting and food prep
- Non-stick silicone releases food without the need for grease, cooking sprays, or parchment paper
- Oven-safe up to 480 degrees F
- Fits half-sheet size pans; easy to clean with soap and warm water
- Each baking mat measures approximately 11.6 x 16.5 inches (LxW)
- ✅ COMPLETE CAKE DECORATING TOOLS: ONLY set including everything you need to start decorating Cakes like a PRO! ✔11 Inch Turntable ✔24 Numbered & Easy to Use Icing tips ✔11 Inch Straight & Angled Icing Spatula ✔Cake leveler ✔ Pattern Chart showing the outcome of each tip ✔ E.BOOK User Guide for beginners✔3 Cake Comb Scraper set ✔2 couplers ✔30 disposable icing bags✔1 cleaning brush. Best Cake Decoration & Baking Tools Accessories and equipment
- ✅ SMOOTH REVOLVING TURNTABLE: RFAQK turntable stand revolve smoothly with hidden ball bearings and helps you easily decorate cakes for birthdays, weddings and other events. It revolves clock & anti clock wise, good for both Right & Left handers. Use RFAQK straight spatula for icing round cakes from sides and angled spatula from Top while rotating turntable. Turntable is made from non-sticky, non-toxic & dishwasher safe plastic. Ideal for beginners as well as for professionals.
- ✅ NUMBERED TIPS – EASY TO USE: This is the ONLY set having numbered tips with Pattern chart. So you don’t have to worry about which tips produce what kind of decoration, just have a look on pattern chart where we have provided outcome of each tip to make tip selection very easy. ✅TOP PROFESSIONALLY SELECTED TIPS: We have selected top 24 tips including 2 Round Tips, 3 Leaf Tips, 2 Petal Tips, 2 French Tips, 2 Basket Weave tips,5 open Star Tips &4 close Star Tips, 2 Drop Flower tips.
- ✅ USEFUL ACCESSORIES. Use 3 scrapers to smooth icing on sides & top and carve designs. Use 2 couplers to exchange tips without exchanging piping bags. Use cleaning brush to clean narrow top of tips.
- ✅ RFAQK E.BOOK USER GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS: E.book User guide by mail includes 3 cake recipes, Method of Cake Baking, Leveling & icing cakes. 3 frosting recipes, Step by step guide for using icing tips, Uses of different kind of tips (Round, Petal etc). ✅ 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is what drives us to provide the highest quality products. If at any time you are not completely satisfied with your purchase feel free to return it to us for a full and prompt refund.
- ［3 Sizes Springform Cake Pan］: 3 Packs (4-7-10 inch) Springform cake Pans can make multi-layer cakes, and have heart-shaped pan will help you make more styles cakes. The pan made from safe material with non-stick coating and easily release. Microwave oven safe up to 445℉. You can easily make cakes to various parties.
- ［Excellent Cake Decorating Kit］ : 48 Numbered icing tips and 7 Russian tips, and the pattern can check on the pattern chart; The revolving cake turntable is ideal for easy decorating.Use flower nail to produce roses and the decorating pen helps you writing on your cake. 9 carved pen help you create a delicate fondant cake.
- ［Safe Materials］: All accessories meet US food-grade standards, made of high quality 304 Stainless Steel, plastic and silicone. Sturdy and reusable, safe for family cake making, adults and kids are applicative.
- ［Idea Gift for Cake Lover］: It included various decorating tools to help you make all kinds of cakes. Included chocolate mold to create more delicate cake. Suitable for any ages and levels of cake-making. Let's make a delicious cake together!
- ［Customer Service］: In order to protect the non-stick coating on the cake pans, please use soft brush to wash them and don't use dishwasher. We stand by our cake tools with our outstanding customer service, if you ever have a problem, don't hesitate to contact us.
- Perfect Gift for the Bread Baker: Your sourdough artisan bread making kit contains all the tools You need to bake delicious oven-fresh bread. Fill your home with love and warmth with a wholesome meal for family and friends
- Healthy Family Activity: Create lasting memories & new family traditions of baking together. This bread making kit helps you teach your kids the value of baking a healthy meal from ingredients that you choose
- Eco Friendly, Handmade Rattan Basket: Superbaking banneton proofing baskets are handmade traditionally from the highest grade material (natural grade-A Indonesian rattan), free of chemicals and with a splinter-free finish, making for a superior bread proofing bowl!
- Free Premium Content: Join the Superbaking community to get more help for your baking adventures. Make the best out of your baking supplies and showcase your baking art. Sourdough proofing basket round - big help in your baking
- The Superbaking Guarantee: 100% customer happiness or your money back. The baking set includes bread basket proofing, liner, scoring lame with protector and 5 blades, metal and plastic scrapers, dough whisk, cleaning brush and instructions
- EXTRA THICKENED BUT LOW PRICE: Each of these 200 pieces of parchment is extra thick, and our parchment paper is 45gsm. Compared to the 35gsm paper, ours is stronger, more durable and less brittle, so you can easily pick up the food on the baking sheet by lifting parchment paper without any breaking. MOREOVER, IT IS MORE COST-EFFECTIVE THAN OTHERS.
- PRECUT & HANDY PACKAGE: Includes 200 pcs and each sheet is 12" x 16", perfectly fit the standard half sheet pan and the sheets are neatly placed in a handy box. Using pre-cut sheets allows you just simply take out a piece of parchment sheets and spread it on the baking tray which makes your baking process convenient and effectively avoid bother measuring and cutting from a curled parchment roll.
- NATURAL, UNBLEACHED & HEALTHY MATERIAL: Made from natural wood pulp and totally fluorescent free, chlorine free, water proof, food grade, unbleached, NON-TOXIC and BPA-free. Oven and microwave safe to 450℉, so it won't curl when baked at high temperatures.
- NON-STICK: Putting it on your baking sheets means you don’t have to grease, and cookies will slide right off (plus they’re easier to wash afterward). It can also keep baked goods and candies from sticking together or frosting from smearing by putting a sheet of parchment between each layer in your container or box. Meanwhile, it allows easily cleaning up and avoid sticky dough sticking to the baking tray which is difficult to remove.
- MULTIPLE USES: It is a very frequently used and easy-to-use item in the kitchen and daily when you want to bake cookies, cakes, macaroons, bread, pizza, brioche or serve chips, bake wings, burgers, or even wrap sandwich, croissant or hot dog and gifts, etc.
6. Concorde Grape Cheesecake Bars
A grape cheesecake might sound like an odd mix on the surface but trust me, this is delicious.
The sourness of the grapes cuts through the cheesecake for an unusual but lovely flavour.
7. Coconut Zucchini Bread
This is a wildcard and I bet you've never tried Zucchini bread let alone coconut zucchini bread!
The sweetness of the coconut cuts right through the zucchini giving an unreal taste is well recommended.
8. Rustic Apple Hot Cross Buns
Hot cross buns only seem to get baked at Easter round here but they are delicious year round, especially with freshly picked apples from the tree in the garden.
The caramelized apples give the sweet and flaky pastry an extra zing!
9. Strawberry & Rhubarb Crumble With Toasted Almonds
Strawberry and Rhubarb is an amazing combination and paired with crumble and almonds it's a dish to die for.
10. Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake
Despite being a huge Espresso fan I typically don't enjoy the coffee flavour in other drinks (cocktails or beers like Stouts for example) or desserts but this almond coffee cake with blueberries is an exception as something about it just works.
11. Spiced Baked Pears With Caramel Sauce
Cinnamon, baked pears, almonds and caramel sauce...what a combo!
Put it together, spread it evenly in a dish then cook in the oven it and it's delightful.
12. Lemon Cupcakes & Buttercream
These light and fluffy cupcakes are simple to make and a joy to eat as they taste so light and fresh, until you add the butter-cream in anyway which adds a touch of heaviness to the dish but it's still delightful.
Alternatively bake these in a brownie ban and have lemon buttercream brownies.
13. Booze Soaked Cherry Tarts
Cherry + Booze = Heaven!
I love Cherry in beer, a Belgian Kriek (Sour Cherry Beer) is one of my favourite beer styles and a Chocolate Cherry Stout likewise.
So anything boozy and cherry in a glass, especially in a tart will do it for me.
14. Cinnamon Rolls With Maple Syrup And Cranberries
How good are cinnamon rolls? Add in maple syrup and fresh cranberries and it's next level food!
This is baking at it's finest!
Which Of These Fruit & Berry Recipes Will You Try?
Whether it's the strawberry and ginger ice cream float, the strawberry and basil limeade, the berry popsicle, the peach crumble or the grape cheesecake all are delicious recipes made with fruit and berries.
These are a real mix of recipes, some that require no pots, pans or ovens and very little knifes or chopping and others you can keep in the fridge and freezer until you're ready to eat.
Go on, try one (or all of them) and report back.