It is said that food is an art that is supposed to be shared. If you are passionate about a savoury recipe, you cannot go wrong with this concord grape cheesecake recipe.
Concord grapes are not only jammy and delicious, but they also contain antioxidants, thus making them a healthy ingredient.
Equipment Needed For Concord Grape Cheesecake Bars Recipe
To make this tasty recipe to serve at least 12 pieces, you will need;
- A Saucepan to cook the grapes
- A fine-mesh sieve to press and extract pulp and liquid from the grapes
- An Oven
- Aluminium Foil
- Sharp Knife
Ingredients Needed For Concord Grape Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- Around 6 oz of stemmed concord grapes to serve 12 pieces
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ¾ cracker crumbs
- ¼ Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- ¾ vanilla Greek yoghurt as
Concord Grape Cheesecake Bars Recipe
a) Topping Recipe
- Use a saucepan to cook and mix the concord grapes for about 5minutes on low-medium heat. Stir and frequently mash until the mixture looks like jam.
- Use a fine-mesh sieve and press down the mixture with a wooden spoon to extract maximum pulp and liquid as desired. You should be able to get at least 3-4 tablespoons from 6 oz of concord grapes. After extracting the pulp and juice, throw away the seeds and skin and let the mixture cool.
b) Making the Crust
- Preheat the oven to up to 350 degrees and place aluminium foil hanging over the sides of the saucepan. Apply cooking spray to the aluminium foil.
- Mix the melted butter and Graham cracker crumbs and spread the mixture evenly on the square pan. Allow it to bake for around 8 minutes in the preheated oven. After the 8 minutes have elapsed, remove it and let it cool for approximately five minutes. You may then want to place it in the refrigerator to cool further as you continue preparing the rest of the ingredients.
c) Preparing the Filling
- Beat and mix the cheese in a mixer until it becomes light. Then, you should beat the egg whites, sugar, yoghurt, and flour until it mixes well and becomes creamy. Then, you should add the vanilla and lemon juice and beat them again to mix them well. However, be careful not to over-mix.
- It is now time to pour the filling into the cooled pan and spread it evenly.
d) Final Touches
- Scoop the concord grape mixture and spread it into the top of the filing. You can use a chopstick or toothpick to create swirls or create patterns through the filling. Bake for about 15 minutes. If it starts turning brown, place an aluminium foil over it.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes. You may want to place it in a refrigerator to cool for three hours or overnight if you so wish.
- Your cheesecake is now ready to serve. You should cut it with a sharp knife and run it in warm water after cutting a piece.
I hope you find this recipe useful to surprise your family and friends. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy your savoury concord grape cheesecake.
Hi all! I’m Cora Benson, and I’ve been blogging about food, recipes and things that happen in my kitchen since 2019.