I am addicted to coffee and I love eating Meringues so this is the perfect dessert and sweet treat for me.
And I’m guessing as you’re here it sounds pretty delicious to you too.
I’m a straight up Espresso kinda gal though I’ll happily drink a Lungo and a Cortado or Picollo on occasion but…
…anything beyond that becomes too much like a milk based drink than a coffee based one for me, I want to taste the dark, bitter, fruity goodness of the coffee.
How about you, do you have a preference?
Anyway, enough about my coffee addiction for now and let’s get onto this coffee meringues recipe …
Cooking Equipment That You’ll Need
You’ll need to following cooking equipment and utensils:
- A baking tray.
- Parchment paper
- A means to make an espresso or black coffee (I’ll be using my Coffee Pod Nespresso machine but you can use a barista quality machine or instant)
- An electric mixer.
- A mixing bowl.
- Piping bag.
Ingredients For Coffee Meringues
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- A shot of espresso / small black coffee
How To Bake Your Coffee Meringue Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees Fahrenheit (100 Celsius).
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare your coffee.
- In a mixing bowl whisk your egg whites until soft.
- Add salt into your egg white bowl.
- Add your sugar one spoonful at a time whilst constantly mixing until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add your coffee into the mix and fold until it’s completely combined.
- Transfer your mix into the piping bag ideally with a 1cm nozzle and pipe meringue shapes onto your baking tray at around 2.5cm in size.
- Place into the hot oven for 2 hours until they’ve dried out and gone crispy.
- If you’d like to eat your meringues with a topping you can melt some chocolate in a pan and dip your meringue in then cover with hazelnuts, pistachios, or another topping of your choice then allow to set and dry.
- Eat and enjoy!
That’s how to bake delicious coffee meringues.