I am addicted to coffee and I love eating Meringues so this is the perfect dessert and sweet treat for me.
And I’m guessing as you’re here it sounds pretty delicious to you too.
I’m a straight up Espresso kinda gal though I’ll happily drink a Lungo and a Cortado or Picollo on occasion but…
…anything beyond that becomes too much like a milk based drink than a coffee based one for me, I want to taste the dark, bitter, fruity goodness of the coffee.
How about you, do you have a preference?
Anyway, enough about my coffee addiction for now and let’s get onto this coffee meringues recipe …
Cooking Equipment That You’ll Need
You’ll need to following cooking equipment and utensils:
- A baking tray.
- Parchment paper
- A means to make an espresso or black coffee (I’ll be using my Coffee Pod Nespresso machine but you can use a barista quality machine or instant)
- An electric mixer.
- A mixing bowl.
- Piping bag.
Ingredients For Coffee Meringues
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- A shot of espresso / small black coffee
How To Bake Your Coffee Meringue Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees Fahrenheit (100 Celsius).
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare your coffee.
- In a mixing bowl whisk your egg whites until soft.
- Add salt into your egg white bowl.
- Add your sugar one spoonful at a time whilst constantly mixing until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add your coffee into the mix and fold until it’s completely combined.
- Transfer your mix into the piping bag ideally with a 1cm nozzle and pipe meringue shapes onto your baking tray at around 2.5cm in size.
- Place into the hot oven for 2 hours until they’ve dried out and gone crispy.
- If you’d like to eat your meringues with a topping you can melt some chocolate in a pan and dip your meringue in then cover with hazelnuts, pistachios, or another topping of your choice then allow to set and dry.
- Eat and enjoy!
That’s how to bake delicious coffee meringues.
Hi all! I’m Cora Benson, and I’ve been blogging about food, recipes and things that happen in my kitchen since 2019.