In this blog am going to replace your best desserts with a perfect one. Chocolate peanut butter banana pops always mark eventful moments.
These pops are simple to make, tasty, and very addictive. They are loved by kids and adults too.
Growing up, the best birthdays were marked by my mother’s tasty chocolate peanut butter banana popsicles.
That whole week I had to wake up early enough to not only eat but assist in preparation; no wonder I prepare the best popsicles around.
This was our family’s number one summer dessert; my family has also inherited the same.
My kids are always at their best behavior when they know ‘mom’ will be preparing Chocolate peanut butter pops.
Equipment Needed Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops Recipe
• Popsicle sticks
• Lined cookie tray
Ingredients Needed Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops Recipe
• 3 ripe Bananas (not overly ripe)
• Peanut Butter
• Rainbow jimmies
• Chocolate chips
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops Recipe
Instructions for preparation
- Slice the bananas into halves and neatly trim the edges
I always prefer inserting the popsicles sticks gently through the cut ends. Some bananas may split a bit, but this is not always a cause for alarm for me since the peanut coating will cover them.
- Place the banana halves on a cookie tray and then into the refrigerator. My mom always said, “You know you should not remove them before 40minutes are over.”
I have always frozen my bananas for not less than 40 minutes and they are always the best. I also recommend you freeze your bananas for not less than 40 minutes.
- At the end of the 40 minutes, you will need to melt the peanut butter in a microwave while stirring after every 15 seconds.
- When melted fully, dip the banana into the melted peanut butter.
- Place back the bananas into the cookie tray and return them to the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden the coating.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave. Always ensure that your container is a microwave-safe one and use low-moderate heat.
I have found that when using chocolate chips, melting the chocolate for 80 seconds while stirring it at an interval of 20 seconds fully melts the chocolate.
- Take the banana pops from the freezer. Dip each frozen banana into the melted chocolate and ensure it is fully covered.
- I always prefer sprinkling Rainbow sprinkles over the popsicles because they look more attractive that way. However, you can also sprinkle crushed peanuts or any sprinkles of choice.
- Return the banana pops to the cookie tray and then back into the fridge for 30 minutes or until they look set.
Once frozen, store them in a freezer. Before serving, you can let it soften at room temperature.
How to Cook Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops
Thanks a zillion for reading through my blog. I hope I can inspire your cooking and tempt you to try out these recipes. Enjoy cooking using healthy, tasty, and creative recipes from us.