If you’re looking for a simple step by step recipe for Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting then this is as easy as it gets.
Here’s why I love it…
- Minimal kitchen products and gadgets required.
- Unlike a lot of shop bought carrot cakes that are too dry this is super moist.
- The sweetness of the carrots pair well with the mild spices and cream cheese frosting.
- It can last for up to 5 days in your fridge typically (see how long cookie dough lasts in your fridge).
Ingredients For Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting.
– All purpose flour.
– Baking Soda.
– Granulated Sugar.
– Butter (have you seem my butter dishes btw?)
– Vegetable Oil (check here if you can substitute for Canola oil)
– Freshly peeled and diced carrots.
– Cream Cheese Frosting (store bought)
How To Make Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, sugar, spices and salt.
2. Brown your butter in a saucepan over a medium heat until caramel brown.
3. Beat the eggs first then whisk in your oil, butter and vanilla and mix well.
4. Combined your egg mix with your flour, sugar and spice mix from earlier.
5. Add in your carrots.
6. Add to cake or brownie pans or just a baking tray that’s been lined or buttered for around 30 minutes.
7. Once ready top with your cream cheese frosting. You can later further layers of cake on top of each other if you wish.
Enjoy your homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.