This Black Forest Waffles recipe is going to become your new favourite breakfast, trust me!
Not only is it delicious but it’s quick and easy to create (only 15 minutes time in total for prep and cooking) and there’s not a lot of equipment needed (a whisk and a waffle maker) so you’ll be happy to make it regularly.
Here’s the recipe for Black Forest Waffles…
Black Forest Waffles Overview:
- Meal: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Preparation: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Serves: 5
- Waffle Maker
- All Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Syrup
- Cherry Pie Filling or Fresh Cherries
- Whipped Cream
How To Cook Black Forest Waffles
Here’s how to cook your waffles…
- Heat up your waffle maker to a high heat setting.
- Whisk together 2 cups of flour, 1/3rd of a cup of cocoa powder, 1/3rd cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Stir in 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of oil and 2 cups of butter milk.
- Add in your vanilla and mix all together till combined.
- You now have your batter that can be poured into your waffle maker until crispy.
- Top with your cherry pie filling or fresh cherries and with the whipped cream.
- Feel free to sprinkle cocoa powder over the top or top with chocolate sauce for extra indulgence.
- MORE THAN WAFFLES: Make your favorite breakfast classics, or get creative with waffled hash browns, cookies and even biscuit pizzas. Any batter will “waffle” into single serving portions. Great for families or on the go.
- MINI IS MIGHTY: With a 4” nonstick cooking surface, this is a MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm, or camper/RV and stores easily in a kitchen cabinet or drawer.
- WAFFLY EASY: Simply plug it in and go; the Waffle Maker heats up in minutes. Dual non-stick surfaces provide an even cook for consistent results and delicious golden waffles every time. Nonstick surfaces make cleanup a snap!WAFFLY EASY: Simply plug it in and go; the Waffle Maker heats up in minutes. Dual non-stick surfaces provide an even cook for consistent results and delicious golden waffles every time. Nonstick surfaces make cleanup a snap.
- PERFECT GIFT: The perfect wedding or new home gift, the Waffle Maker’s small size takes up little counter space, and its sleek design and trendy color options will match any kitchen décor (add to your registry now.)
- INCLUDES: The DASH Mini Waffle Maker includes one Mini Waffle Maker and Recipe Guide so you can get cooking right away
- Bakes one large traditional-style waffle
- Five-setting browning control
- Nonstick baking plates
- Brushed Stainless Steel housing
- Limited 3-year warranty
- Belgian waffle maker creates large, round waffles with deep pockets that hold plenty of toppings and syrup
- Waffle maker features an 8 inch nonstick plate that releases waffles easily and cleans quickly
- Adjustable temperature control lets you customize heat while cooking, for different types of finishes and batters
- Stainless steel housing offers added durability; Cord length: 27.5 inches, watts: 1080w
- Safe to touch handle provides a firm grip and helps prevent burns
Why I Love Dessert Waffles
Dessert waffles are just incredible, layer them with dark fruit like sour cherry’s, dark chocolate (go for dark and not milk, trust me) and melt down some brown sugar in a pot on the gas stove with a little butter from your favourite butter dish then top with ice cream…heaven!
You don’t like Black Forest waffles or just find waffles too heavy?
Then try Black Forest Skillet Brownie Cakes instead as an alternative to the Black Forest Waffles as they are lighter and smaller so easier to eat plus you can put the pan directly in the oven. I use my favourite brownie pan here.
Enjoy your Black Forest Waffles Recipe
That’s it you now have your Black Forest Waffles for breakfast!
And I bet you’ll make this regularly at weekends now.